The Bindery Operator is responsible for ensuring that production goals are met by providing accurate and timely finishing of quality products for our clients. The activities carried out within the department include; cutting, folding, die cutting, saddle stitching, drilling, padding and scoring. The bindery Operator provides both the final finishing steps on many products, as well as intermediate finishing (cutting, folding, etc.) on products that are finished in other departments.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Operate bindery equipment in a manner that meets our safety, quality, and production standards.
- Setup machines to meet specifications according to the job ticket provided.
- Refer to the job ticket to locate important information to ensure job accuracy.
- Run equipment at target productivity metrics to complete jobs on time.
- Work safely to prevent accidents by keeping the area clean and free of any trip hazards.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Mechanically inclined
- Familiarity with basic mathematics (decimals, metric units) to understand dimensional requirements contained in the job ticket, and to make more complicated adjustments
- Must be able to work in a fast paced, team-oriented environment and be held accountable for the quality of work produced
- Ability to bend, kneel, reach, stand and lift up to 50 lbs. as needed
Financial wellness is about more than just your salary. Here are the other ways Baesman Takes care of our teammates.
Medical Insurance - Choose between 3 medical plan options. We also offer dental and vision coverage, in addition to pre-tax flexible spending plans.
Profit Sharing - Share in Baesman’s success. We also offer a 50% matching 401(k) program for up to 6% of your pay.
Paid Time Off - It’s important that you take time to recharge. That’s why we offer PTO, holiday breaks, and employee assistance programs.
Life and disability Insurance - We have you covered: Baesman pays 100% of the premium for life and disability.
Setting the Standard - Baesman earned a 2020 Best Workplace in the Americas designation from the Printing Industries of America. The prestigious award recognizes our efforts in providing an outstanding work environment. We’re honored and proud to be recognized. Baesman is a fourth-generation, family-owned business. The same way families grow and change over time, so do the opportunities within our organization. We believe in hard work, cultivating talent, and promoting from within. We strive to help our teammates, our clients, and our shareholders achieve more than they thought possible. Baesman is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Send resumes to Maribeth Mace
4477 Reynolds Drive
Hilliard, OH 43026