Sign Installer and Maker
Ohio State University
Screen reader users may encounter difficulty with this site. For assistance with applying, please contact email@example.com. If you have questions while submitting an application, please review these frequently asked questions.
Current Employees and Students: If you are currently employed or enrolled as a student at The Ohio State University, please log in to Workday to use the internal application process.
In order to ensure your application is complete, you must complete the following:
- Ensure you have all necessary documents available when starting the application process. You can review the additional job description section on postings for documents that may be required.
- Prior to submitting your application, please review and update (if necessary) the information in your candidate profile as it will transfer to your application.
Job Description: This position produces and installs wayfinding signage for Ohio State as part of the UniPrint signage and digital printing department. UniPrint is responsible for the signs all across the medical center and academic campus of the university. Someone who is handy and pays attention to detail will do well in this role.
Assists in the printing and copying processes throughout the UniPrint plant. Meets production deadlines and output schedules as assigned by supervisors. Produces printed media for the organization through use of printing presses and high volume duplicating or digital printing equipment. Performs associated copying/binding/finishing work to include installation of signage across the university and medical center. Assists on the large offset presses. Ensures quality control.
Minimum Education Required: HS Graduate or Equivalent or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- High School graduate or equivalent education/experience.
- Assembly and installation of wayfinding signage.
- Mechanically inclined.
- Positive attitude, self-starters that work hard and take pride in their work.
- Experienced vinyl, graphic, and sign installer.
- Comfortable working on ladders.
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
- Able to operate vinyl plotters, router/cutters, laser cutters and laminating equipment.
- Able to lift 50 pounds and stand for long periods.
Additional Information: Desired Qualifications - ADA Sign installer experience.
Schedule/Hours: 1st shift; 40 hours
Submit your application on OSU's web site.