The Estimator/Purchasing Agent is responsible for responding to customer requests for quote, creating estimates for the sales team, managing the customer and prospect database in the ERP system, following inventory in the warehouse, working with key suppliers and issuing purchase orders for all production and job specific materials and outside services.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Receive and respond to customer RFQs.
- Maintain inventory of all purchased materials in the warehouse.
- Manage the relationship with key suppliers.
- Issue purchase orders for all production and job specific materials.
- Support customer service, scheduling and production supervisors.
- Participate in monthly sales/estimating review and analysis
- Manage the customer and prospect database in the ERP system
- Manage inventory items and supplier database in the ERP system
- Participate in estimating standards monitoring and adjustment in ERP system
- At least 5 years of experience in a printing company or bindery role as an estimator.
- Knowledge of press signature, folding and geometry requirements for perfect binding, saddle stitching and mechanical binding.
- Organized and efficient with time and self-motivated.
- Good verbal and written communications skills.
- Ability to handle multiple simultaneous tasks, projects and priorities.
- Functional knowledge of Microsoft Office software: Word, Excel, Outlook.
- Monday-Friday, 8:30am – 5:00pm with a half-hour lunch break. May need to work past 5:00pm occasionally to complete estimates that are due.
- The estimating aspect of this role is primarily a desk job. The inventory management aspect requires periodic walks through the facility.
Send resumes to Kevin@AlliedBindery.com.
32501 Dequindre Rd.
Madison Hts., MI 48071