Printing Services Technician
Mount Carmel Printing Services
Purpose: In accordance with the Mission and Guiding Behaviors, the Printing Services Technician 1 is responsible for preparing all finished print projects for shipping by shrink wrapping, boxing and labeling for local or national delivery. The Technician 1 will also complete small finishing projects using the hand binding equipment and will serve as a backup for other bindery or mailing processes as necessary.
- Promotes a caring and healing environment that keeps the patient and family at the center of care throughout their patient care experience.
- Promotes a Culture of Safety by adhering to policy, procedures and plans that are in place to prevent workplace injury, violence, or adverse outcome to associates and patients.
- Executes a continuous performance improvement approach to continually challenge the region to reduce cost while maintaining quality while utilizing key performance indicators and other data to measure and monitor performance.
- Customer Support: Cross check job ticket with printed collateral to ensure correct items are shipped to appropriate customer. Verify quantity and shipping specifications as detailed on job ticket.
- Operation Support: Verify customer addresses and appropriate shipping method based on ship-to address. Maintains inventory levels and records quantity available regularly.
- Workflow Support: Meets deadlines and ensure each printed project is packaged carefully and specifically according to specifications on job ticket.
- Backup Support: Provide backup for mailing and bindery processes as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
Our Trinity Health Culture: Knows, understands, incorporates & demonstrates our Trinity Health Mission, Values, Vision, Actions & Promise in behaviors, practices & decisions.
Service Excellence: Pays close attention to detail to ensure highest quality of final products. Holds self and others accountable to meet deadlines. Treats all team members and customers with courtesy and respect.
Leadership Competencies: Help to grow and sustain Printing Services operations. Identify, lead, and embrace change. Hold self and others accountable for successfully supporting the ministry mission and patient care.
Maintains a working knowledge of: Applicable federal, state & local laws/regulations, Trinity Health Integrity & Compliance Program & Code of conduct, as well as other policies & procedures to ensure adherence in a manner that reflects honest, ethical & professional behavior.
- High school diploma or equivalent GED; vocational program completion preferred.
- Minimum of one to three years’ experience shipping, packaging and bindery.
- Basic knowledge of shipping, mailing, and bindery equipment
- Demonstrate high level computer skills.
- Proficient in spelling and grammar.
- Demonstrate an outgoing and engaging attitude with customers.
- Demonstrate effective communication skills.
- Complete additional education, knowledge, and skills, as required.
- Prefer prior print production experience working in a commercial or in-plant environment.
- Prefer basic experience working with storefront system.
- Prefer basic competence in current Microsoft office software applications.
Physical and Mental Requirements & Working Conditions:
Position requires the ability to push or lift equal to or greater than 30 lbs. Working above shoulder level, kneeling, bending, walking, turning/pivoting, and keyboarding. Must be able to maintain professionalism when approached by unsatisfied customers.
For additional information or to apply, visit Trinity Health.