Lahlouh’s business model is built on solving end to end supply chain problems not simply processing transactional print orders. Lahlouh is a partner that focuses on developing collaborative, comprehensive solutions that endeavor to meet all the communication needs of our clients’ dynamic and evolving marketplaces.
Lahlouh's mission is to provide the highest quality, most cost-effective business communications solutions available.
Core capabilities include:
- Sheet-fed offset print • Fulfillment / Distribution logistics
- Dynamic digital print • Packaging Design
- Mailing • Marketing promotions
- Full service bindery and assembly • Promotions
- Online Solutions
Position: Shipping Manager
Reports to: VP of Manufacturing
FLSA Status: Exempt
Location/Shift: Monroe, Ohio / 1st Shift
Essential Function: The Shipping Manager leads, mentors, trains and coaches the Shipping Department to meet shipping deadlines in a timely, efficient and cost-effective manner.
- Minimum of 3-5 years in a similar managerial position with direct reports
- Minimum of 5-10 years in a shipping capacity (clerk, freight handler, driver, etc.), including use of Power Industrial Trucks (certification a plus), pallet jacks (manual and/or electric) and other material handling equipment
- Working knowledge of domestic and international shipping and their respective requirements
- Working knowledge of FedEx and UPS shipping systems and processing batch shipment labels
Job Duties and General Expectations:
- Excellent eye for detail
- Highly motivated with a positive attitude and ability to manage and lead a team, including PTO scheduling, annual performance reviews and disciplinary actions, as needed
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to follow written and oral instructions
- Communicate effectively with manufacturing personnel
- Have an advanced knowledge of computers (knowledge of PSI and/or Prestige is a plus)
- Meet company and departmental standards, including: Customer Requirements, Compliance, Safety, Quality, etc.
- Follow Lahlouh ISO Quality Procedures and Work Instructions, and complete forms and checklists as needed
- Follow Lahlouh policies outlined in the company handbook
- Work extended hours, as business needs dictate
- Perform other duties as needed
- Attend and/or host company and department meetings
Position Specific Skills & Competencies:
- General knowledge of company workflow, advanced knowledge of department workflow and requirements
- Work with employees to keep shipping floor clean and organized
- Maintain a schedule for the department and communicate the expected time to start and complete tasks
- Hold daily departmental meeting with key staff
- Review, follow, and question information provided – require clarity and consistency
- Attend production meetings and be prepared to answer questions regarding jobs as well as communicate material needs in order to meet Shipping schedule
- Serve as a trainer in monthly meeting with employees regarding departmental and company-wide processes, procedural changes as they relate to specific job functions
- Coordinate departmental activities including: material, supplies, etc. setup and maintain an efficient work flow with appropriate inspections
- Coordinate equipment repairs and maintenance with vendors
- Monitor Shipping Department inventory, and create purchase requisitions to replenish inventory
- Act as a back-up for staff and perform their duties, as necessary (PIT certification required)
- Responsible for accurate and complete daily, weekly and monthly reports
- Create reports and/or provide feedback to upper management
- Instruct and monitor all departmental employees
- Assist with training the Sales and Project Management staff in Shipping procedures
- Construct, implement and train Shipping team members on Shipping processes, procedures and workflows to increase efficiencies and productivity
- Vet and hire qualified Shipping team members, structure and monitor training schedules
- Recommend optimal transportation modes, routing, equipment, or frequency
- Implement specific customer requirements, such as internal reporting or customized transportation metrics
- Resolve problems concerning transportation, shipping systems, exports, or customer issues
- Participate in carrier management processes, such as selection, qualification, or performance evaluation
- Monitor product export processes to ensure compliance with regulatory or legal requirements
- Negotiate transportation rates or services
- Collaborate with other departments to integrate shipping with business systems or processes, such as customer sales, order management, accounting, or manufacturing.
- Analyze the financial impact of proposed shipping changes, such as routing, shipping modes, product volumes or mixes, or carriers.
- Direct outbound shipping operations, such as transportation or warehouse activities, safety performance, or shipping quality management.
- Communicate freight transportation information to customers or suppliers, using transportation management, electronic logistics marketplace, or electronic freight information systems, to improve efficiency, speed, or quality of transportation services.
- Ability to sit, stand, and/or walk for prolonged periods of time
- High school graduate/GED
Send resumes to: Stephanie Ehlers
150 Lawton Ave.
Monroe, OH 45050